Vlahi Nature School is looking for 2 motivated volunteers from European country for an approved EVS project. Below you can a detailed description and you can downloaded from here.
Name of the project: „In harmony with Nature“
Duration of the project: 6 months
Start date: 15.04. 2017
End date: 15.10. 2017
Volunteers: 2 volunteers from European countries
The project is financed by Key Action 1 of Erasmus+ Programme
Organizaiton and place: Nature School Foundation, Vlahi village, Kresna municipality, South west Bulgaria (www.vlahi.org) – link to map.
Vlahi village is small and abandoned village with only 7 permanent inhabitants, but with quite intensive visitors flow during summer. There are three NGOs operating there. The nearest town Kresna is 9 km far from the village. The village is at the foot of Pirin National Park (UNESCO world nature heritage object – video). The climate in the village is continental-mediterranean.
Tasks of the volunteers, related to development of new functioning elements of the perma culture concept, which will be used for demonstration among students and visitors of the Nature School:
- Growing a new “live” fence around the garden from wood and hedge.
- Everyday care for the domestic animals in the Nature school – hens, ducks, geese and rabbits, as well as care for the garden.
- Irrigation system in the Nature school garden, in which various ways for water delivery will be applyed, on one hand thus will irrigate the garden and on the other hand will have demonstrational component, providing sustainable irrigation.
- Work with students from the local school – involvement in field educational excursions, related to promoting tree species, significant for protection of European bio-corridors.
- Presentations in the Nature School on topics as nature protection and climate change.
- Preparation of information and educational materials, dedicated to the forest eco-systems.
- Wind stopper and sun trap, which create insulation barrier against cold winds, coming from the mountain to the garden and using the warming capability of the stones, exhibited to the low winter sun.
The volunteers will support the organization and conduction of eco-working weekends with young people from the local community.
The volunteers will be encouraged to organize workshops for the students from the local school on nature protection topics.
Food: The volunteer will cook for him/herself in an equipped kitchen.
Accommodation: In a private room furnished with bed, wardrobe, desk and chairs. Showers and compost toilets are outside the building. There is one shower inside as well.
Local transport: by bike or by car
Language support: Bulgarian language with teacher who speaks English
Equipment (phone, internet, etc.): mobile internet, mobile phone with voucher
Pocket money: per month, the amount fixed for Bulgaria – 70 Euro
Insurance: The volunteer will be insured by the CIGNA insurance plan by the sending organization.
Profile of the volunteer
English speaking, mountain and outdoor lover, previous experience with activities, related to nature protection; initiative and independent; ability to work in a team; with communication skills and open for learning new things. Students in natural sciences (biology, forestry, veterinary medicine etc,) mountain lovers, people, who like to be outside. Driving license if possible.
If you would like to apply for the vacancy, please send your CV and motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org till 26.03.2017. There will be a skype talk with the short-listed candidates. All candidates will be informed about the final decision.